At Pyrofax, our trained technicians are absolutely dedicated to ensuring
the safety of our customers. Should you ever have a concern, call us
If you smell gas…
- If there are no flames or sparks immediately put
out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights,
appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these
sources can trigger an explosion or a fire.
- Leave the area immediately! Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas is
- Shut off the gas. Turn off the main gas supply valve on your
propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn it
to the right (clockwise).
- Report the leak. From a neighbor's home
or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call your propane
supplier immediately. If you can't reach your propane supplier, call
911 or your local fire department.
- Do not return to the building or
area until a Pyrofax service technician determines that it is safe
to do so.
- Get your system checked. Before you attempt to use any of
your propane appliances, ensure that one of our qualified service
technicians checks your entire system to ensure that it is leak-free.